L.A. Lady

I'm a Hollywood native who's ready to spread the love for L.A. You'll be reading about my assorted adventures, nutty knitting and crochet projects, wacky and wonderful friends and whatever else I feel like yammering about. Don't forget shoes. Very important.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Anniversary




To quote a columnist from the Times-Picayune today, it's very much the wrong word.

For a woman who's so in love with Hollywood, today reminds me only of the sadness which befell the city which welcomed me so warmly.

The Big Easy, New Orleans, the city which welcomed me unconditionally...please accept my apologies for what our government failed to do for you...please accept my apologies for what my meager donation could not do.

Normally, I can't shut up.

Today, I can't say a word.

I've offered a few pictures of another city which felt like home.

Love always, and have one for me,


Abby

2 Comments:

Blogger mehitabel said...

Today we are all weeping for what happened, and remembering. We do what we can, and remember that every little bit can help. Your donation, my donation, all part of a chain of caring.

11:55 PM  
Blogger tk said...

Great Blog Abby. I can't wait until you post picts of your projects.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

WeHo SnB
Previous | List | Next