L.A. Lady

I'm a Hollywood native who's ready to spread the love for L.A. You'll be reading about my assorted adventures, nutty knitting and crochet projects, wacky and wonderful friends and whatever else I feel like yammering about. Don't forget shoes. Very important.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

My first project post!!!!



So lately, it's been damn near impossible to pry the crochet hook out of my hand.

I'm a knitter first...but hoo, boy!
Crochet does wonders for that very Aries need for instant gratification.

And it turns out that I don't suck at it - who knew?

This past weekend, I finished the 88-square floral blanket for my mom, and then I whipped up an Alpaca scarf for my friend Jessica who's moving to NYC - shell stitch with bobble fringe, and hopefully soon I'll get a picture of her wearing it.

AND I went out over the weekend too!

Tonight, I finished the squares for the second panel of the hippie bag I'm making.

I started out making the 'Granny's No Square' bag from "Happy Hooker", but this soon adopted a mind of its own.

I really like that about crochet, actually.

It's so easy to veer off in a completely different direction - perfect for that Aries superiority thing.

What, a book written by an expert contains more knowledge/skill/creativity than I posess?

Impossible!

I've included a shot of the one finished side of the bag, and the kitty, Flip Flop, enjoying my mom's blanket.

Nighty night!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Abby! Welcome to Blogdom! Yours looks great. Can't wait to see more pix posted of your various projects. Love the changes you made on the HIPPY BAG.

See you later!

Ellen B.

3:27 PM  
Blogger princessoctober said...

Looks like he enjoys the blanket..thanks for stopping by..I'm a Libra if that helps...LOL. If you stop by my blog often as you read and get to know me..you will see I am entirely Librs through and through..sometimes its a pain to be a Libra. Somedays especially when it comes to being intuitive its a blessing. Odd little fact I would share with you is..my BF is a Capricorn..LOL..and it works great.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Geo said...

Yes, that kitty is loving his(!) blanket! :) Looks a lot like my kitty.

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

WeHo SnB
Previous | List | Next