L.A. Lady

I'm a Hollywood native who's ready to spread the love for L.A. You'll be reading about my assorted adventures, nutty knitting and crochet projects, wacky and wonderful friends and whatever else I feel like yammering about. Don't forget shoes. Very important.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Thoughts?

This is just a quick supplement to tonight's post, but it deserved its own space.
I have been called upon to knit a scarf similar to one Bob Dylan wore on an album cover.

Now, I simply adore the recipient, though he was unaware of which cover I should reference.

Blood on the Tracks?



Desire?



Nah, I don't think it's this one.

Blonde on Blonde?



Let's see...Quintessential, classic, though a bit world-weary (but in a really good way).
Yup, I think it's this one.

But...
He seems to think that Dylan's scarf was done in large color blocks, and I can only wonder if I'll ever have a decade so thoroughly enjoyed as to confuse these patterns.

Any other thoughts, kids?

Night all...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK...go for the black and white. You don't have to actually make a checkered pattern though. There are lots of 2-color crochet patterns that would be fast and easy to crochet. Use a large hook. I'll try to remember to bring a pattern book on Thursday.

Ellen B.

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is, Dang, Bob loves him some scarves.

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't see this posting, but I have a nasty idea it was me that put you through this misery, after that conversation we had in the FR.
I WAS thinking of the "Desire" album, but I like the "Blonde On Blonde" look better.
Did I say large pattern? How many beers had I had by then?
Anyway, my darling one, here's my e-mail adress again: ciscorides@yahoo.com.
Write me and let me know what's up scarf-wise.
And how you are. Happy New Year.
And I adore you too (if that's me you were talking about).
Much love,
Cisco

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

WeHo SnB
Previous | List | Next