L.A. Lady

I'm a Hollywood native who's ready to spread the love for L.A. You'll be reading about my assorted adventures, nutty knitting and crochet projects, wacky and wonderful friends and whatever else I feel like yammering about. Don't forget shoes. Very important.

Saturday, August 18, 2007

This is bulls#$t.

This is 5124 De Longpre here in sunny Hollywood.



Charles Bukowski used to live here, drank here, wrote here.

This part of Hollywood is filled with charming bungalow complexes, and when they're kept up, they're amazing.
Even some of the more neglected ones could be revived without too much of a headache, I think.

Aside from protecting places of cultural and literary importance, well, they just don't make 'em like this anymore.

This one may not be the most charming (it's really not), but it could be if we cared a bit more.



And folks, the wrecking ball is swinging.

I love Los Angeles. I was born here, grew up here, and for the most part, have always lived here.
I'm old enough to have seen landmarks crumble without anyone noticing, and I've also been fortunate enough to see some saved.

I'm thrilled that there's a greater spirit of conservation now, but still, why?
Would someone please tell me, why?
Why must we always have to see a wrecking ball coming at our heads before we do anything?

Like I said, this is bullshit.

Later, all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

WeHo SnB
Previous | List | Next