L.A. Lady

I'm a Hollywood native who's ready to spread the love for L.A. You'll be reading about my assorted adventures, nutty knitting and crochet projects, wacky and wonderful friends and whatever else I feel like yammering about. Don't forget shoes. Very important.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

CREATION LIVES!!!!

While I sit here blogging tonight, I can only think that the countdown to L-O-L-A has begun.
My beautiful friend April is about to have her beautiful baby girl, and let me tell you, I cannot wait.

I'm not kidding.

I SO want to have to rush out of the house in my jammies and coat in the middle of the night - and I risk prosecution if you know what I sleep in...but this a family blog...

So here's April:



April showed up one day, right next to me as my co-worker - and became a dear friend in about ten seconds flat.
She also showed up in time to help me through a very tough emotional rough patch, and she sat there and stayed with me - and I will forever be grateful to have been graced by her presence.

I am all the more grateful to have been there to watch her belly grow, been there to feel her belly up every day, bring her bread pudding, hear her complain about her swollen hands and feet - all while wearing heels.

Bitch, you are my kinda woman.

I am even more lucky to make baby things.

For Little Lola.

Today, we chatted, and she's at 34 weeks. She could go into labor anytime now and have a perfectly healthy baby - but let's all wish that she goes to 40.

Spit, spit, spit...

You Jews out there will get that.

Here's some of what Tante Abby has waiting for little Lola:







Before the Cabernet and no sleep kick in and I start to cry...I finished a creature inspired by the following:



He was sewn up (for the most part) months ago...but, hey.
I had Lola to sew for.

Anyway, I had to go in to work on Sunday, so I gave my creature limbs, a visage, a friend...



And Chris, the marvelous, patient, and talented editor and friend decided to not only provide company, but a skill:



So my creature, only hours after knowing life simply as a pair of socks...was now editing my promos.
Greeeeeat.

But all was not lost.

I later showed him to the lovely and talented Kimberly (you know her), who audibly gasped!
Gasped, I tell you!
When she asked if I could put a ribbon on him and present said creature as a XMAS gift, I said, "Take him now!"

So, she did...



And I can't think of a better pairing.

Here's the Creature enjoying a lovely Bordeaux:



And here's the lovely (though not as lovely as Kimberly) creature getting acquainted with Doug (you know him, too):



And here's the creature - finally!
One of mine!
Enjoying a civilized evening out:



Perhaps I spoke too soon. As for Kimberly...?
I think she was trying to not embarrass the Creature.

So, goodnight to all, and to all a good night.

And for those of you in on the joke...no train stations!

Night all...

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Bordeaux said...

hi abby,

happy new year!

the turnaround around is complete. I've been clean three years as of this month, business is fantastic and my motto for 2008 is "Livin the dream baby...Livin the dream". my mom died last summer, it was sudden and unexpected and although it messed me up for a few months, I did not slip and am stronger than ever as a result.

Jacqui is doing so good, for all my screwups she's the one thing I really did well at. she's a strong, motivated, talented, brilliant, stunningly beautiful, young lady. Would you believe she's gonna be 15 in a few months.

I'm writing you because I recently went through a breakup similiar to ours, only this time I was on the receiving end. I got to see first hand exactly what I put you through and I am so sorry!

I hope your doing well. If your the same amazing Abby I met some 9 years...which I'm sure you are, I can only Imagine how well your doing!!!

Cheers,
Michael
iMBordeaux@gmail.com

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

WeHo SnB
Previous | List | Next